During my experience, as you could imagine, I tried a number of different solutions available to help me understand, and cope. I have added a list of these below, some I would highly recommend, as they really help.
- ‘Understanding Panic Attacks and Overcoming Fear’ book by Dr. Roger Baker: available on amazon.
- Mindfulness colouring books, or as an app, with a variety of different inspirations to choose from.
- Familiarise yourself with mindfulness, the breathing techniques and learning to be in the moment really helped me prevent or reduce the effect of a panic attack.
- Natural remedies like camomile tea or lavender scents to reduce stress, and helps you sleep.
- If you are really struggling, visit your doctor and they may suggest medication or counselling (both really helped me)
- SELF CARE. Wind down at least once a day. Whether you put your phone down, have a bath, read a book, watch a film and get a good nights sleep.
- ALWAYS surround yourself with positive people Don’t be afraid to distance yourself from negative or anxiety provoking people.